Jaq's Snaqs: be. Vanilla Collagen Choc Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls
This is an easy no bake recipe that will liven up lunch boxes and provide that perfect mid-afternoon pick-me-up using our be. Vanilla Hydrolysed Collagen Powder. It makes a wonderful substitute for vanilla essence or extract. Give it a try! They are paleo and gluten free and good for your tummy. Makes approximately 20 - 24 balls.
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 8 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 9 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 heaped tablespoons of be. Health Vanilla Collagen Supplement
- 2 cups packed almond flour
- 8 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons dark chocolate chips, dairy free if desired
For optional chocolate coating:
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, dairy free if desired
- 3 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a medium bowl mix together flaxseed meal, almond milk, melted coconut oil, be. Health Vanilla Collagen Supplement and coconut sugar. In a separate bowl mix together almond flour, coconut flour and salt.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture. Mix well until a cookie dough consistency forms.
- Fold chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Roll cookie dough into preferred size, place on parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for 10 minutes.
- For optional chocolate coating, after 10 minutes, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan over very low heat, stirring frequently. You can also microwave the chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments until melted.
- Quickly use a fork to dip each cookie dough ball into chocolate, making sure to coat evenly. Transfer back to parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with a little coarse sea salt if desired.
- Immediately place baking sheet back in freezer for 20 minutes. Makes approximately 20 – 24 balls. Keep in refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to eat.
Show us your Choc Chippy goodness on Insta using the hashtag #betterwithbe #jaqssnaqs